Please come to the library to contribute a pint of blood to the Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank on
Monday, April 27 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sorry, due to Covid-19, this date has been canceled. No appointment is necessary. Please bring a form of ID with you. Donors must have eaten within a four-hour period prior to donating!
If you are unable to attend the blood drive on this day, you may donate at a place and time more convenient to you: When you give the library’s account # 1072, we will be able to get credit for your donation. Thank you!
Please note that there may be occasions when blood donation will take place in the Central PA Bloodmobile in the library’s parking lot instead of in the building. If you have any questions, please contact Sue Billet at 717-571-3859 or 1-800-771-0059. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Every donation helps to save or enhance the life of 3 local patients. In 2018, donations from the Hershey Public Library helped to save the lives of over 618 local patients!!!! (543 local patients in 2018.)
3. Every pint is broken down into its 3 components of platelets, plasma, and red cells.
4. Platelets are most often used by Cancer patients to help strengthen them.
5. Plasma is used for patients in shock and burn victims.
6. Red Cells are often used for Trauma patients.
Schedule for 2020. (4th Monday of each month between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.)