Pennsylvania Governor, Tom Wolf, has instructed complete closure of all public libraries during the Covid-19 Coronavirus health crisis until further notice. Please find online information on Covid-19 at the PA Department of Health.
We are so sorry that the Hershey Public Library is closed. If you feel unwell, please stay calm. Follow these steps.
- Call your doctor’s office. If you are unable to speak to some one, please use the “Coronavirus Assessment Tool”, online at https://www.wellspan.org/coronavirus in the right hand corner of the web page you are re-directed to.
- Call the Covid-19 HOTLINE at 855-851-3641. 8:30 am to 7:30 pm. (Please be patient as it might take a few minutes before your call can be answered.)
(Posted March 24, 2020.)
INFORMATION FOR OUR LIBRARY COMMUNITY:
- Sorry, but we are unable to answer the phone until further notice. You may e-mail us at email@example.com or send your question through “Ask a Librarian” on our website.
- The library’s outside dropbox to return borrowed materials is now closed. All library fines will be waived.
- Any item you placed on hold before March 14 will be waiting for you to pick up when we re-open.
- Book donations are suspended.
- Check out eBooks and eAudios from home.
- Explore our e-resources for learning and research.
- Follow us on social media to be notified of the most up-to-date news as affects our services.
- Swimming With Sharks. Sunday, April 5.
- Guest Author: Lisa Wingate. Sunday, April 19.
- Local Author Festival. Saturday, April 25.
- Arabiqa! Drums and Dancing from the Arab World. Sunday, April 26.
All programs have been canceled at the Hershey Public Library in April due to Covid-19. We will keep you posted here and on social media about re-scheduling, but at this time, we are unable to provide further information. Please visit the Events Calendar for more.
TEMPORARY LIBRARY CARD: AVAILABLE NOW!
Don’t yet have a Hershey Public Library card but live in Derry Township with a ZIP code of 17033 and 17036? You may apply online for a temporary library card to access the e-Library for Hoopla, OverDrive, and also to access the library’s E-Resources,
If you are already a Hershey Public Library card holder, but do not know the PIN or you would like to add a PIN to access the library’s digital material, please kindly make that request in “Ask a Librarian” (on the left side of the Home page), or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your name
- Your library card number
- Your e-mail address
- Request a PIN and provide one based on 4 letters or 4 numbers, or a combination
To get a temporary library card, please make that request in “Ask a Librarian” (on the left side of the Home page), or send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Your name
- Your birth date
- Your full home address with zip code
- Your e-mail address
- Please request a temporary library card
ADULT WINTER READING PROGRAM
- Read a book from a genre you have not already chosen
- Once you have finished the book, write down the title, author, genre and date you completed it on a sheet of paper and attach it to your brochure. If you want to read additional selections*, be sure they are all from different genres and add the titles to this list.
- When the library re-opens and you have completed the program, bring the brochure and titles to the Public Services Desk to receive your raffle tickets.
*Audiobooks count, too. Click here for genre information.
CLICK AN IMAGE IN THE SLIDESHOW FOR CHILDREN’S LEARNING & READING RESOURCES, TEEN READS, E-RESOURCES AND THE E-LIBRARY!
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA: