Tuesday, February 23, 2021. 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm in Meeting Room #1.
- Please call the Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank (CPBB) at 1-800-771-0059 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins might have to wait if there are appointments at that time. Masks are required.
- Sign-up online to schedule an appointment with the CPBB.
- Covid-19 Antibody Testing is available with each successful blood donation.
- A form of ID is required to donate.
Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank runs a community blood drive at the library. Most times, the blood drive takes place inside the library, but if no meeting room is available, the bloodmobile will be in the library’s parking lot. No appointment is necessary. Please bring a form of ID with you. Donors must have eaten within a four-hour period prior to donating!
If you are unable to attend the blood drive on this day, you may donate at a place and time more convenient to you: When you give the library’s account # 1072, we will be able to get credit for your donation. Thank you!
Please note that there may be occasions when blood donation will take place in the Central PA Bloodmobile in the library’s parking lot instead of in the building. If you have any questions, please contact Christina Stoltzfus at 717-571-3859 or 1-800-771-0059. E-mail: email@example.com
BLOOD FACTS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW:
1. Every donation helps to save or enhance the life of 3 local patients. In 2020, 86 pints of blood were donated at the Hershey Public Library that helped to save the lives of over 258 local patients!!!!
2. Every pint is broken down into its 3 components of platelets, plasma, and red cells.
3. Platelets are most often used by Cancer patients to help strengthen them.
4. Plasma is used for patients in shock and burn victims.
5. Red Cells are often used for Trauma patients.
Schedule for 2021.
Tuesday, March 23. 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Tuesday, April 20. 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Tuesday, May 25. 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm.