Please note: Owing to the precautions necessary to preserve the health and safety of staff and the public, the Hershey Public Library will not hold the blood drive until further notice. (May 11, 2020.)
Central Pennsylvania Blood Bank runs a community blood drive at the library. Most times, the blood drive takes place inside the library, but if no meeting room is available, the bloodmobile will be in the library’s parking lot. No appointment is necessary. Please bring a form of ID with you. Donors must have eaten within a four-hour period prior to donating!
If you are unable to attend the blood drive on this day, you may donate at a place and time more convenient to you: When you give the library’s account # 1072, we will be able to get credit for your donation. Thank you!
Please note that there may be occasions when blood donation will take place in the Central PA Bloodmobile in the library’s parking lot instead of in the building. If you have any questions, please contact Christina Stoltzfus at 717-571-3859 or 1-800-771-0059. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Every donation helps to save or enhance the life of 3 local patients. In 2018, donations from the Hershey Public Library helped to save the lives of over 618 local patients!!!! (543 local patients in 2018.)
3. Every pint is broken down into its 3 components of platelets, plasma, and red cells.
4. Platelets are most often used by Cancer patients to help strengthen them.
5. Plasma is used for patients in shock and burn victims.
6. Red Cells are often used for Trauma patients.
Schedule for 2020. (4th Monday of each month between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.)